A few decades ago, parents did not have any scientific way of checking their child’s gender before birth. However, technological improvements have made it possible for today’s mothers to know the gender of their child by a simple ultrasound scan.
While these scans are largely accurate, a misinterpretation may occur resulting in misleading reports.
Imagine preparing for a baby girl only to deliver a boy! Well, the mother is likely to have an avalanche of emotions marked with moments of joy and disbelief.
This happened to Nancy Ray. She shared her story on Instagram, perhaps to find closure to the matter.
This is the chronology of events as highlighted in her post:
- April 14: She was overjoyed after realizing that she was pregnant. Her husband was keen to know whether he would welcome a third girl or the first boy to the family. He hoped that it would be a boy!
- June 19: Nancy went for a scan and the report was surprising; she will give birth to their third daughter. The couple accepted the results and were mentally prepared to welcome their girl into the world
- December 8: Preparation for delivery were top-notch despite snow and ice storms hitting their neighborhood. She remained positive that the delivery will occur successfully
- December 10: Baby girl is due! But she never comes on this particular day
- December 12: Nancy suffers from a stomach bug the whole day. Coincidentally, the husband also suffered from terrible flu the whole night!
- December 13: Nancy drives to the delivery center after intense labor pain the whole of her morning. She was accompanied by her mother to the hospital at 11 am and the baby came 2 hours later
After the delivery, her face was visibly marked with relief. When they went to cut the chord, she noticed that her child was indeed a boy and she could not help but exclaim “ Is that a baby boy!!”
Her husband quickly lifted the child’s legs to check and what he saw left him awestruck. It was indeed a boy! He rolled on the floor to celebrate the birth of his first boy.
Nancy says that that was the best moment of their lives. They always look at the father’s celebratory stunts in amusement. She advocates for birth photography since it’s a great way to store precious moments.